Reports to: Public Sector & Production Print Sales Director
Location: Manchester as a Hub but locations across the UK
The candidate must have personable skills as they will be dealing with an array of people within our customers as well as internally within M2. They must be prepared to travel as this is a UK role and that will involve overnight stays from generally 1-3 days periodically. The candidate will be required to use their skills to oversee the delivery, installation and training of Production Print equipment in to end user environments across the UK. This includes providing administrative support to the Production Print sales team at the end of the sales cycle and managing the install process as a project.
The candidate will also need to provide ad-hoc pre & post sales technical support on the solution, either remotely or onsite at the customer.
The role will cover the UK for customer projects but will based out of Manchester when not attending customer appointments.
Training will be supplied to ensure that all levels of knowledge are up to date but it is essential that there is a good starting point through the candidates work history.
- Manage the implementation project, acting as key link between customer and M2
- Monitor and manage the sales order processing within M2
- Create a Statement of Work (SoW) documents in line with agreed service pricing and specification of the device(s) sold.
- Interact with partners for pricing requests and own that process.
- Onsite presence during installation of hardware/software solutions. Ensure that the Fiery is configured as per the SoW (statement of works)
-Conduct operator training
- Provide technical support post sales where appropriate
- General administration to support Production Print in both pre and post sales capacities
Organisational skills and diligence to ensure that all records and kept up to date.
Experience with using Production Print equipment, either within an operational environment or customer focused role
A good understanding of the colour management process (i.e. Fiery controller, Command Workstation)
Good document workflow skills with an understanding of the journey files take from workstation to printer to finishing equipment.
Strong skills with MS Office for administration and document creation
Experience with RIP’s (e.g. Fiery/Creo/PRISMA)
Excellent customer focus and strong communication skills
Enthusiasm and drive to learn and develop the role
Full, clean driving license
Project Management qualifications (PRINCE 2, Lean Six Sigma etc)
IT Networking understanding
Colour management qualification
Design software packages such as Adobe CS
- Technical Support