Field Service Representative
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Ranked as a Top 25 Employer to work for by LinkedIn, Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
To perform at UK and overseas locations the installation, commissioning, modification and maintenance of electrical distribution equipment.
- Supervise/perform the following activities (at UK, overseas and offshore locations) on switchgear and related equipment.
- Systems testing and fault diagnosis
- Perform site risk assessments and assist in producing method statements.
- Document test results and produce site work reports.
- Contribute to the formulation of offers for site activities.
- Participate in necessary schemes to provide cover outside of normal working hours.
- Assist with works tests when necessary.
- Contribute to customer training activities.
- Promote the Company’s service activities, identify and pursue business opportunities.
Minimum 3 years experience of installing, commissioning and maintaining switchgear
Experience of working alone and as part of a team at UK, overseas and offshore locations
Self-motivated and resourceful, flexible with respect to changing tasks and available at the times required to perform them
Participating in the 'on call' rota
Customer/results focused and demonstrate a ‘service’ disposition
Willing to work at nuclear, military and offshore locations
Willing to learn similar disciplines on related distribution equipment
Possess good written and verbal communication skills
Good inter-personal skills
Well grounded in shop floor assembly and test techniques
Be well grounded in on site cold commissioning techniques on 33kv networks.
Knowledgeable in the principles & application of electrical safety from the risks associated with live HV networks.
- High Voltage Testing (415v – 33kv systems)
- CT Magnetisation Curves
- CT Primary Injection
- Relay Secondary Injection (Both electro mechanical and ‘PSL’ relays)
- VT Primary Injection
- Control Circuit Wiring testing
- Mechanical/Electrical function testing of 415v – 33kv switchboards & networks
- G59 Schemes
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
- Full UK Driving License
Academic qualifications (e.g. Degree/HNC) or relevant experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job