As Field Service Engineer, the majority of your time will be spent travelling to customer sites throughout the UK, with the occasional need to work with overseas customers. Due to the nature of the role and location of the customers you may be required to work outside of the normal working hours, with overnight stays. All costs, including travel and additional hours worked will be paid in line with the client company policy. You will be part of the 24/7 service helpline and will be on call on a rota basis.
- Undertake system calibration, repairs and maintenance, addressing any concerns arising
- Provide technical support to the customer, Installation Technicians and Service Engineers to address in-house issues
- Compile all reports, documentation and dispatch in a timely manner
- Comply with all QA and SHE systems, policies and procedures
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience of travelling to customer sites to service equipment is essential
- Experience of working independently is essential
- HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, and ability to advise customers on drawings and specifications
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Ability to demonstrate fault finding skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Previous experience working on odourisaton and chromatography, or related measurement type systems would be a strong advantage
Candidates must have a full driving licence with no more than 3 points
Hours of work: 8.00am - 4.30pm
Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
- Field Service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'