Field Service Engineer
Strong Basic Salary + Extensive Benefits! See bottom of job spec.
Main Purpose of the Field Service Engineer Role:
The main duties of this role are Machine Plant Diagnostics, Servicing and Repairs to Construction, Agricultural, Industrial, Heavy Line and Recycling Equipment to the highest standard
This is a customer facing role which requires you to build strong customer relationships within the Service sector of business. You will need to promote and present a professional image and offer service solutions to customers and frequently liaise with the manufacturer. The objective of this role is to provide the customer with World Class customer service.
Field Service Engineer Duties:
- Build strong and positive relationships with the customer
- To promote aftermarket products and services to the customer
- To react to any customer needs quickly, effectively and efficiently
- To carry out repairs to the highest standard to provide a "First Time Fix" to the customer
- Possess excellent laptop computer technical diagnostics skills
- Excellent operation of the PDA unit to input job information and write-up data
- Service and maintain Equipment to the Manufactures specifications
- Carry out all work practices in line with company health and safety policy
Field Service Engineer Additional information:
- 40 hours working week, 08.00 - 16.30 hours, half an hour unpaid lunch break
Field Service EngineerEssentials:
- To communicate efficiently and express your ideas clearly and confidently at all levels verbally, in print and via the telephone
- Time Management, ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and working to deadlines
- Commercial Awareness, ability to understand the commercial realities affecting the organisation
- Flexibility, ability to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments
- Capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Quality focused
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy, good time keeper
- Ability to be professional, cheerful, co-operative at all times
- Ability to be motivated and customer focused
- Clean driving licence and good driving record
- Full driving, Fork Lift Truck driving licence (training will be provided)
- Attractive rates of pay and overtime rates
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays + 1 day for every 5 years completed service
- Company sick pay scheme
- Overtime -first 4 hours at time and a half rate, over and above first 4 hours double time rate
- Call out - initial payment of £50.00 normal working week, £75.00 bank holiday working week and £100.00 Christmas period for being on call. If called out any hours worked would be first 4 hours at time and a half rate, over and above first 4 hours double time rate. Frequency of rota system varies from depot to depot and would be discussed during the interview process with the relevant Depot Manager
- Tool allowance
- You will be eligible to a £25 payment per week, when working away from home for a week on a 4 consecutive nights’ away basis - not applicable to any training courses you may be expected to attend.
- Company van and fuel card - option to opt in for personal use of the van
- Company uniform
- Company mobile/PDA/laptop
- Free staff parking
- Canteen facilities
- Manufacturer online training programmes for all roles, career paths for progression
- Life assurance policy (4 x basic salary)
- Private medical health (contributory)
- Chiropractor private medical treatment scheme/ occupational health
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee discounts on merchandise
- O2 Employee Benefits
- Employee referral scheme: If you refer a friend or family member to the company, subject to the terms and conditions, you will receive £250.00 on successful completion of their probation period and a further £250.00 on completion of six months service
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 23 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- Field Service
- Plant Engineering
- Service Engineering
- Heavy Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'