JA573 – Field Service Engineer
An excellent opportunity has become available to join our client as a Field Service Engineer. The successful candidate will join their field service operation that covers an installed base of over 5000 compressors and steam turbines throughout Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia.
The successful candidate will lead installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting activities for our customers around the clock. This is a lead engineer’s role that will supervise employees and customer personnel whilst directing installations, start-ups, and major overhauls.
We are specifically seeking applicants with experience Siemens steam turbines (60’s and 70’s manufacturing year, AEG Kanis Turbines with hydraulic control systems).
As a Field Service Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
• Act as the Site Manager, lead and supervise customer personnel, freelancers and field service representatives in the installation, commissioning and maintenance of Steam Turbines.
• Direct service representatives to take corrective action for equipment performance problems and troubleshooting activities.
• Work in partnership with the customer and keep them thoroughly informed on the progress, performance, and any potential problems.
• Ensure customers are informed satisfied, and promote our clients well-earned reputation of service excellence.
• Work with sales department to meet customer demands for spares parts, retrofits, service contracts and new equipment.
• Produce comprehensive service reports and present these to regional management and the customer.
• Contribute new ideas to enhance company service and overall customer experience.
As a Field Service Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent mechanical apprenticeship and several years’ experience in the field of turbo machinery.
• Previous experience commissioning, overhauling, maintaining and repairing Steam Turbines. Specifically Siemens steam turbines (60’s and 70’s manufacturing year).
• A practical oriented engineer with both supervisory and hands on experience.
• Previous experience writing comprehensive and detailed service reports.
• A proven track record working onsite with customers and leading their personnel during installation, repair and maintenance.
• Willing and able to travel approximately 200 + days per year to customer sites throughout Europe, Middle East, Russia and Africa.
• Excellent command of the English language (a second European language is desirable).
• Must be Health, Safety & Environmentally focused, and promote safety in the workplace.
• Proficiency with MS Office in Word, Excel and MS Project.
Competitive base salary, allowances, overtime and benefits package.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'