- Field based role - no two days are the same!
- Career progression
- Lots of overtime available!
- Milton Keynes based Head Office but role is field based from Midlands to the south
This organisation is the world leader in the manufacture, sale, and service of loading dock equipment, industrial doors, safety barriers, HVLS fans, industrial curtain walls, and more - all designed to improve safety, security, productivity, energy savings, and environmental control. They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Field Service Engineer covering the country from the Midlands to the south. Although the company is located in Milton Keynes you can be based anywhere in the country for this position. You will be responsible for the planned maintenance of their products across the country.
Duties and Responsibilities for a Field Service Engineer will include:
- Provide electrical and mechanical services to customers UK wide
- Managing customer issue's and minimising 'downtime' for the customer
- Accurately record and report all activities and services that have taken place
- Promotes sales of maintenance services and equipment, including spare parts, and advise Sales Department of possible sales leads
- Prepares and writes technical reports for internal and external use
- Manage site Health & Safety requirements. Activities are to be carried out to the highest of standards, with a high regard for health and safety
Essential requirements of a Field Service Engineer:
- Engineering qualification City and Guilds, IPAF
- Strong mechanical/electronic comprehension & fault finding
- Experience in using electrical and mechanical fault-finding safety equipment
- Strong computer skills for recording activities and producing reports as required
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to hand customer queries in the correct manor
What is on offer?
You will receive a fully equipped van and workwear, along with a fuel card and a cash float. Everything is supplied so you can complete your job effectively. Salary on offer is between £26k - £28k plus overtime paid. There is lots of overtime on offer in this role. Travel time each way is paid daily. 1 week per month you will be on call and you will receive an extra £100.
After a qualifying period, you are eligible for the company bonus and there is also an additional bonus for targeting additional sales. So, if you are on site repairing something and notice another item that requires repair, you will be rewarded for this! The standard working week is 37.5 hours.
Interested? Apply now with a copy of your CV. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job