Field Service Engineer
Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Oxfordshire and Hertfordshire - Reading, Basingstoke, Andover, Oxford, Luton, Guildford
Materials Hardness Testing Machinery
- Thought of working for a UKAS accredited company maintaining and repairing hardness testing machinery?
- Strong mechanical and electronics understanding?
- A market leader in their industry, with excellent progression and training opportunities
- Rare and unique opportunity with a company boasting excellent staff retention
The Role of Field Service Engineer:
As a field service engineer you will be based in, and in control of, the South East of the UK. You will be responsible for the service, maintenance, and repair of materials hardness testing equipment found within a variety of appealing manufacturing sectors including the aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, and medical industries. You will play an important role in ensuring the equipment is correctly calibrated and maintained to UKAS standards at all times. 80% of the role will be calibration of these machines, with the remainder being split between installations and reactive maintenance.
The Candidate for the position of Field Service Engineer:
- Strong mechanical understanding, with some electronics experience
- Desire to work in an instrumentation and calibration based sector
- Ideally you will have experience of metallurgy or understanding of metals, but this is not essential
- Candidates with engineering experience from the Armed Forces are advised to apply
- You will have hands-on engineering experience
- You will be well presented on customer sites
- Full UK driving licence with no more than 3 points
- You need right to work in the UK
Our client is a well-respected company within the hardness testing sector, and is part of a much larger, internationally renowned group. In return for your experience, they can offer fantastic bespoke training, career progression, and a genuinely intriguing range of products.
The Package for a Field Service Engineer:
- Up to £31,000 basic salary; possibly more for an existing UKAS qualified engineer
- Fully expensed company car
- 3 months in-depth training, ending in you becoming a UKAS qualified engineer
- Lunch Allowance, Overnight Allowance, Tools, Mobile, Laptop,
- 25 Days Holiday plus Stats
The position of Field Service Engineer covers the South East, predominantly Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Oxfordshire and Hertfordshire, with some occasional travel to Kent and Cambridgeshire. Candidates based Reading, Basingstoke, Andover, Oxford, Luton, Guildford, and surrounding areas will be considered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job