Our client is looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer on a permanent basis to cover the South of England. You will ideally be located in the Hampshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire or Surrey area so you are central to travel.
To carry out maintenance/service, troubleshooting diagnosis, repairs and commissioning to company products. To periodically man the Technical Help desk, uphold and promote the company culture and values.
Key Area of Responsibility
- Service, Maintain and repair the company's products
- Trouble shoot to final repair (including root cause)
- To carry out repairs to products
- To perform Technical Help Desk Duty's (Remotely and office based)
- To commission new products
- Train Service Engineers and our official service partners
- Improving & maintaining quality of service
- To sort own accommodation/subsistence as required in normal duties
- To seek 'upsell' opportunities where possible and build on customer relationships.
- Ability to listen and analyze customer needs accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Any other activities that the company deems reasonable.
Job Specific Skills
- Remote based field service experience (Water industry experience desirable)
- 17th edition trained.
- Electrical engineering / installation qualification.
- Mechanically competent
- Understanding of industrial controllers and PLC's
- Some exposure to Modbus (or similar industrial communications)
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent administration skills in preparing service reports, RAMS, etc with attention to detail.
- Mature, customer focused, responsible and self-reliant.
- Complete finisher with a focus on detail and right first time attitude.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills (both verbally and written) and works well in a team environment.
- Commercially aware
- Must be fully capable of using MS Office software (Primarily Word and Excel)
- Must have good literacy and numeracy skills to allow generation of documentation and interpretation of engineering data.
- Must have a good phone manner for customer care support.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Willing to travel (including overseas/offshore) at short notice. Must have clean or near clean driving license.
- Professional and courteous
- With a Passion for Quality
- Must have good personal timekeeping and prioritization skills. The role will not be closely monitored (but will be supported) and so will demand personal discipline, flexibility, motivation and confidence.
- Must have excellent interdepartmental skills and the ability to work with others to decide on multiple high priority demands and actions.
This position will include the occasional visit overnight. This is full time (40 Hours a week) and offers 22 days holidays plus Bank holidays
- Electrical Engineering
- Field Service
- 17th Edition