Field Service Engineer
Home based covering the South
Full time - 8:30am to 5:00pm
Position reports to Service Supervisor
To carry out maintenance and servicing, troubleshooting diagnosis, repairs and commissioning to UV Technology products.
Field Service Engineer Key responsibilities:
- To carry out maintenance and service of water UV products
- Trouble shoot to final repair (including root cause) on water UV products
- To carry out repairs to water UV products
- To perform Technical Help Desk Duties (Remotely and office based)
- To commission new UV products
- Train service engineers and our official service partners
- Improving maintaining quality of service
- To sort own accommodation / subsistence as required in normal duties
- To seek up-sell opportunities where possible and build on customer relationships.
- Ability to listen and analyse customer needs accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Any other activities that the company deems reasonable.
- Must be mature and domestically secure.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Willing to travel (including overseas/offshore) at short notice.
- Must have clean or near clean driving license.
Field Service Engineer Specific Skills:
- Remote based field service experience (Water industry experience desirable)
- 17th edition trained.
- Electrical engineering / installation qualification.
- Mechanically competent
- Understanding of industrial controllers and PLCs
- Some exposure to Modbus (or similar industrial communications)
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent administration skills in preparing service reports, RAMS, etc. with attention to detail.
- Mature, customer focused, responsible and self-reliant.
- Complete finisher with a focus on detail and right first time attitude.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills (both verbally and written) and works well in a team environment.
- Promote knowledge transfer to influence positive change and strengthen team performance.
- Commercially aware
- Must be fully capable of using MS Office software (Primarily Word and Excel)
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Must have good literacy and numeracy skills to allow generation of documentation and interpretation of engineering data.
Business and Selling Skills:
- Must have a good telephone manner for customer care support.
- Must have good personal timekeeping and prioritization skills.
- The role will not be closely monitored (but will be supported) and so will demand personal discipline, flexibility, motivation and confidence.
- Must have excellent interdepartmental skills and the ability to work with others to decide on multiple high priority demands and actions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job