Field Service Engineer
Home based covering the South
Full time - 8:30am to 5:00pm
Position reports to Service Supervisor
To carry out maintenance and servicing, troubleshooting diagnosis, repairs and commissioning to UV Technology products.
Field Service Engineer Key responsibilities:
- To carry out maintenance and service of water UV products
- Trouble shoot to final repair (including root cause) on water UV products
- To carry out repairs to water UV products
- To perform Technical Help Desk Duties (Remotely and office based)
- To commission new UV products
- Train service engineers and our official service partners
- Improving maintaining quality of service
- To sort own accommodation / subsistence as required in normal duties
- To seek up-sell opportunities where possible and build on customer relationships.
- Ability to listen and analyse customer needs accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Any other activities that the company deems reasonable.
- Must be mature and domestically secure.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Willing to travel (including overseas/offshore) at short notice.
- Must have clean or near clean driving license.
Field Service Engineer Specific Skills:
- Remote based field service experience (Water industry experience desirable)
- 17th edition trained.
- Electrical engineering / installation qualification.
- Mechanically competent
- Understanding of industrial controllers and PLCs
- Some exposure to Modbus (or similar industrial communications)
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent administration skills in preparing service reports, RAMS, etc. with attention to detail.
- Mature, customer focused, responsible and self-reliant.
- Complete finisher with a focus on detail and right first time attitude.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communication skills (both verbally and written) and works well in a team environment.
- Promote knowledge transfer to influence positive change and strengthen team performance.
- Commercially aware
- Must be fully capable of using MS Office software (Primarily Word and Excel)
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Must have good literacy and numeracy skills to allow generation of documentation and interpretation of engineering data.
Business and Selling Skills:
- Must have a good telephone manner for customer care support.
- Must have good personal timekeeping and prioritization skills.
- The role will not be closely monitored (but will be supported) and so will demand personal discipline, flexibility, motivation and confidence.
- Must have excellent interdepartmental skills and the ability to work with others to decide on multiple high priority demands and actions.