Osborne Appointments are recruiting on behalf of our client based in Hertford for a Service Engineer/ Workshop Fabricator to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a career within engineering. Applicants must have some experience of using hand tools (drills, saws ect). Experience within an mechanical engineering environment is also desired.
- Fabricating materials within a workshop environment
- Attending customer sites to fit and service equipment
- Ensuring all relevant paper work is completed
- Providing excellent customer service to customers
- Due to the “on call” element of the role, applicants must live within 30 minutes of Hertford and be highly flexible in the hours they are willing to work
- Must have a full UK driving licence with less than 6 points
- Must be able to undertake a physically demanding role
- Must be prepared to travel to other parts of the country
- Must be Health & Safety conscious (local training will be given)
- Must be Flexible to work out of hours (Service Rota that includes Weekends)
Hours: The core hours for the position are Monday to Friday, 8am – 4:30pm. There is also a rota in place and you would be required to be “on call” for 1 week every 3-4 weeks, which requires being called out at any time, 24/7.
Salary: The Basic Salary for the position is £16,000 - £20,000 inclusive of a Rota Allowance. Overtime is required and including the rota allowance and overtime the potential annual earnings for the role are £25,000-30,000 per annum
If you are interested in this position and think you meet all the criteria please apply directly with your most recent CV.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.