A pioneering provider of home technology solutions for millions of older people, or those with complex health needs, is looking for field service engineers to join their growing team. Through great technical and interpersonal skills, the field service engineers will provide high quality installations, repair, maintenance and customer service. This will include analysing and solving technical issues and undertaking maintenance of the company’s portfolio. This is a great opportunity to work for a market leader in the use of technology to enhance the quality of care of peoples’ lives.
Applications from ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
- Repair and maintain equipment and systems
- Perform first line repairs and preventative maintenance checks
- Provide technical assistance and training to other team members and customers
- Undertake and assist with installation activities, site visits / commissioning / surveys etc.
- Identify and resolve issues impacting upon customer satisfaction
- Commission new installations prior to hand-over
- Have an in-depth knowledge of all core products
- Achieve and exceed productivity and performance targets and KPIs
- Promote the company as a world class service provider
Knowledge, skills and qualifications - essential:
- A basic understanding of Electrical and Electronic systems/principles
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Good IT skills
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- Full driving licence
Knowledge, skills and qualifications - desirable:
- Some experience of repairing any of the following: Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Door Entry, Access Control, Environmental Monitoring/Control, Fire Detection, Nurse Call, etc.
- A pass at ONC level, equivalent NVQ Level 2 or 3 or alternative in a technical discipline (Electrical or Electronic Engineering)
- Ability to work at heights or in confined dusty spaces
- Experience of working with KPI’s, performance measures, SLA’s or similar
- Experience of working with the elderly or vulnerable
- Some knowledge of networks and IP based systems
You should be smart and tidy in appearance with a good health record and a flexible approach to work. In addition, you will be someone who is able to demonstrate a customer first attitude. You will be willing to undertake training as required and will agree to undertake a CRB check.
- Life Insurance
- Scottish Widows Pension
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (plus ability to buy up to three days extra)
Salary: £23,500-£25,000 (plus London allowance where applicable)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job