Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading Engineering company in their search for an experienced Field Service Engineer to work in their leading facility in Shropshire
- Field Service Engineer
- £30,000 + Overtime + company car
- Field Service Engineer
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer for servicing and installing CNC machines.
The right candidate needs to be multi-skilled, with a bias towards electronics, prepared to undertake all mechanical engineering requirements and will be capable of working alone and as part of a team.
Key skills required include Fault-finding on a wide variety of bespoke equipment, diagnosing and repairing CNC machines at the customers’ premises throughout the UK and Ireland.
Experience setting Siemens 840D controlled machines is preferred but you will also work with BWO CNC controllers. Some manual programming and machine setting will be required.
Considerable travel is required as machines are located throughout the UK and Ireland, regular overnight stays are expected and some weekend working is to be expected too, accommodation is fully expensed.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Service Manager.
- Undertake reactive and planned preventative maintenance on CNC machine tools, CNC Routers, in accordance with machine specific checklists. (Tasks include replacing filters, cleaning guideways, grease, belts and other “consumables”.)
- Undertake fault diagnosis and rectify major and minor faults.
- Install and test new and used CNC machines and undertake relocations (using skates and hydraulic jacks provided), and work with professional machine movers and specialised lifting equipment.
- Install and fit new and used machine enclosures, acoustic cabins and powered doors.
- Check, adjust and reset CNC and PLC parameters for spindle and cutting tool offsets, etc.
- Provide clear reports and instructions for ordering parts or further services.
Experience is preferred in the following areas:
- Repairing (mainly exchanging) components such as: high-frequency 3-phase and low voltage single phase circuits; CNC drive cards; Inverters; Bearings; Guideways; Ball screws; Racks; Gear boxes; Servo motors; Encoders; Cables and wiring looms; Safety circuits; Lighting circuits; milling, routing and drilling spindles; vacuum pumps; Air-Mist applicators; Grease pumps; and associated valves, sensors, cables, connectors and ducting.
- Align and level large-scale heavy-duty, precision CNC machine tools.
- Calibrate 5-axis heads (“robot heads”)
- HSK F63, HSK E40 and ISO/SK40 and 30 tool clamping systems.
Essential requirements include:
- Understand and follow electrical and pneumatic circuit wiring diagrams
- Understand and interpret mechanical drawings
- Understand and follow mechanical standards.
- Skilled in using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring tools (dials, levels & gauges.).
- Experience in fitting and welding processes to undertake repairs and create parts that may be required to repair machinery.
- Understand and adhere to Electronic and Electrical wiring and regulations.
- Be computer literate and competent using MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Be willing to travel (often at short notice) all over UK (and possibly abroad) and stay overnight for several days if required to complete works in a timely fashion.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Will complete all paperwork in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Appropriate knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Work overtime, outside of normal working hours, including some weekends.
- Respect and maintain company property, equipment and tools provided, to the highest standard.
- Full-time Salary depending on experience, plus overtime payment
- Work normal working hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Thursday, 4:00pm Fridays.
- Fully expensed business travel and accommodation
- Company vehicle
- Phone & Laptop
- Electronic device (iPad or tablet) (if to be used for remote access)
- 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Wrexham) Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job