The key purpose of this position is to ensure that the clients installed base of instruments are serviced, maintained and supported to a new standard.
The Field Service Engineer will perform their job functions not only in line with the company’s expectations, but will actively define new, higher standards. They will act as ambassadors for the company in all aspects of their work.
The role is field based and may call for travel out of region to support our service offering across mainland UK, and Ireland. This role will involve overseas travel for training purposes.
• Must hold a full driving licence
• HND (HNC with relevant experience) or equivalent in electronic and mechanical engineering
• Hydraulic and pneumatic principles
• Degree in electronic and mechanical engineering
• Technical training on Haematology related instrumentation
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes
• Exceptional technical fault finding skills
• The ability to read and understand technical diagrams
• Customer focused - should strive to exceed customer requirements
• Good and effective written and verbal communicator
• Job flexibility & willingness to travel - support of peers and juniors throughout the UK, Ireland and Northern Ireland may be required.
• Good working knowledge in MS Windows (MS certified preferable)
• General knowledge in MS Office products, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Customer relationship skills
• Call handling skills
• Training skills
As a Field Service Engineer you will be expected to take on responsibility at an individual level for the following:
• Enhancing customer’s experience of installation
• Technical Support & PMI’s
• System Ownership - Upkeep (local)
• ECR Monitoring & implementation
• Monitor & Report - Site Level