We are currently recruiting for an experienced Field Sales Engineer for client based in Telford.
My client manufacture specialised CNC machines and is highly regarded for delivering reliable, user-friendly, heavy-duty, high-speed 5-Axis solutions. The customer base includes all types of companies, large and small.
We provide comprehensive after-sales support, including application engineering support, and the role will mainly include installation; training; maintenance; and breakdown repairs throughout the UK and Ireland, working with leading manufacturers across a diverse array of industries, working in Wood, Plastics, Composites and Aluminium.
As befits a world class, high quality manufacturer, we work to the highest standards in all respects. We are SAFE Contractor approved and staff are fully trained and certified in all relevant aspects of health and safety.
We are a close-knit team based in Telford, and work closely with all colleagues in Germany.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer for servicing and installing 5-Axis CNC machines.
The right candidate needs to be multi-skilled, with a bias towards electronics, prepared to undertake all mechanical engineering requirements, and will be capable of working alone, and as a team. Contact with colleagues is expected to be daily, and will often be remote, electronically and via telephone.
Key skills required include Fault-finding on a wide variety of bespoke equipment, diagnosing and repairing CNC machines at the customers' premises throughout the UK and Ireland.
Experience setting Siemens 840D controlled machines is preferred. We also work with BWO CNC controllers. Some manual programming and machine setting will be required, including "Teach-In programming" for special tool paths. Training will be provided. (PLC programming (eg., Siemens STEP 7) or CAD/CAM programming is not required, as specialist support is provided in these areas.)
The candidate will preferably be located within one hour from our Telford base. Considerable travel is required as machines are located throughout the UK and Ireland. Regular overnight stays are expected. Some weekend working is to be expected too. Accommodation is fully expensed.
As experience is gained, the candidate may progress to provide NC Applications support, working with colleagues in Construction and Sales, advising customers new and old, how best to set-up, optimise production methods, and operate to the highest efficiency using high-speed machining solutions. Attendance at Exhibitions may also be required.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Service Manager.
- Undertake reactive and planned preventative maintenance on CNC machine tools, CNC Routers, in accordance with machine specific checklists. (Tasks include replacing filters, cleaning guideways, grease, belts and other "consumables".)
- Participate in Hotline support and Emergency Call-out support as required.
- Undertake fault diagnosis and rectify major and minor faults.
- Undertake repairs and rebuild ancillary items, including guarding and swarf/dust chutes.
- Provide customer guidance with regards best working practices, instruct how best to look after their MAKA, "Health-Check" machines, and provide sound advice generally.
- Install and test new and used CNC machines and undertake relocations (using skates and hydraulic jacks provided), and work with professional machine movers and specialised lifting equipment.
- Install and fit new and used machine enclosures, acoustic cabins and powered doors.
- Check, adjust and reset CNC and PLC parameters for spindle and cutting tool offsets, etc.
- Provide clear reports and instructions for ordering parts or further services.
- Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of the MAKA Service department as directed by line management.
Experience is preferred in the following areas:
- Repairing (mainly exchanging) components such as: high-frequency 3-phase and low voltage single phase circuits; CNC drive cards; Inverters; Bearings; Guideways; Ball screws; Racks; Gear boxes; Servo motors; Encoders; Cables and wiring looms; Safety circuits; Lighting circuits; milling, routing and drilling spindles; vacuum pumps; Air-Mist applicators; Grease pumps; and associated valves, sensors, cables, connectors and ducting.
- Align and level large-scale heavy-duty, precision CNC machine tools.
- Calibrate 5-axis heads ("robot heads")
- Replace/realign/recalibrate spindles (Size 10-25 kw, 600x150mm, 35-70 kgs.)
- HSK F63, HSK E40 and ISO/SK40 and 30 tool clamping systems.
Essential requirements include:
- Understand and follow electrical and pneumatic circuit wiring diagrams
- Understand and interpret mechanical drawings
- Understand and follow mechanical standards.
- Skilled in using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring tools (dials, levels & gauges.).
- Experience in fitting and welding processes to undertake repairs and create parts that may be required to repair machinery.
- Understand and adhere to Electronic and Electrical wiring and regulations.
- Be computer literate and competent using MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Be honest, with a positive, cooperative and willing attitude, keen to serve MAKA's customers, and keen to learn and demonstrate they can work on their own initiative and take responsibility and ownership of problems as they arise.
- Full-time Salary depending on experience, plus overtime payment
- Work normal working hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Thursday, 4:00pm Fridays.
- Fully expensed business travel and accommodation
- Company vehicle
- Electronic device (iPad or tablet) (if to be used for remote access)
- Company credit card ******* or cash advance for business expenses ********
- 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- There will be a trial period of approx. 3-6 months (depending on experience), towards the end of which, the candidate's full appointment will be assessed and hopefully confirmed.
- If you are interested in this position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter, including a short description to explain why you are most suitable for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
CNC machine servicing: 5 years
To be considered for this role please apply or call us on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job