This company are Plant, Forest and Cableway Engineers working nationwide from the stunning English Lake District and are sole UK dealers and importers for a wide range of advanced specialist construction, rail and forestry equipment.
Their products focus on steep terrain, difficult access and underground work and they supply equipment to some of the largest and most unique projects in Europe.
The successful candidate will be able to fit readily into a small, diverse and skilled team; be able to work independently, with the team for support and in group environments.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working with modern construction plant, forestry equipment or agricultural machinery.
- A solid understanding of modern hydraulics with electronic control systems.
- Excellent diagnostics skills, both manual and by computer and will have at least a basic understanding of CAN-Bus systems in machinery
- Computer literate, organised and able to track parts and data through job cards and documents in both digital and paper format
- Well presented, polite and able to communicate clearly with colleagues, customers and factory based technical staff
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Providing both onsite & offsite technical support to clients through:
- Service and repair of all types of new and used plant and equipment
- Fault diagnostics of all types of control and operating systems
- Manufacture of components and repair welding and fabrication where required
- Completion of all required service reports, jobcards, PDI forms, inspection reports, labour allocation sheets and other associated documentation to a high degree of accuracy
- Provision of technical support working directly with customers and other staff where required
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED;
- Good general technical aptitude with willingness to take a hands-on practical approach.
- Good customer service skills.
- Fluent English language. (additional languages would be a key advantage)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, with excellent written & verbal skills.
- Skills and knowledge in electronics, software and programming applications.
- Full UK driving licence; Category B+E would be a distinct advantage
- Willingness to travel at short notice and to work unsociable hours as required (seasonal effect, weekend and evening standby)
KEY COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS;
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- High professional and personal standards with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- React to problems in positive and proactive way with quick thinking and problem-solving skills without compromising the Brand, Product or Company image.
- High level of integrity required.
- Opportunities for further training and career development.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Van, fuel card and mobile phone.
- Permanent contract after a successful probationary period.
Full job description available upon request/application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'