A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Field Service Engineer to join a leading Life Science business. You will be based at home and live in France (Toulouse Area) to look after a large French customer base. The role will require you to travel globally when required. Working under direction from the Service Department based in the UK.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Field Service Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As part of the Field Service Support team, the Field Service Engineer will assume responsibility and play a key role in providing high quality technical expertise in the field, including managing technical support on issues reported from our customer base. This role will include the provision of all aspects of service support and training to our customers, overseas agents and distributor channels.
2. Take ownership of customers' service related issues and resolve through to completion. Use technical knowledge to advise customers of appropriate and complimentary upgrades to their equipment.
3. Operate equipment in a lab environment for demonstration purposes and to analyse malfunctions. • Provide technical support expertise via phone / email and carry out preventative maintenance as and when required.
4. Interpret maintenance manuals, schematics and wiring diagrams as well as repairs equipment, utilizing electronics knowledge while using standard test instruments and hand tools.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Field Service Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. The successful candidate will ideally be degree qualified in a electro-mechanical or electronic engineering discipline.
2. Previous experience working in a field service engineer role and familiar with all aspects of customer service including commissioning, repairs and service.
3. You will have worked within a laboratory environment, particularly within the Life Science, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or Medical industry sectors. Knowledge of measurement and testing equipment is desirable.
4. This role will require the successful candidate to communicate in both French and English on a daily basis.
Key Words: Field Service Engineer | Electro-Mechanical | Electronics | Analytical | Instrumentation | Engineer | Measurement Equipment | Testing Equipment | Laboratory
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job