Field Service Engineer - Diesel Engineers
DO you know Engines? Are you a skilled Diesel Engineer who enjoys being mobile? We are looking for a dedicated Field Engineer to cover Derbyshire, Chesterfield, Sheffield, Nottingham. This will involve diagnosing and providing comprehensive detail and top level service and repair to the customer.
- You will provide an estimate of arrival time at customer's site in response to service request based on the job instructions
- Liaise with service controllers and branch to plan, schedule and carry out effective works.
- Fault find and Diagnose the likely cause of reported equipment problems
- Identify the parts required to carry out the repair and requisition any
- Inspect and test completed machine to ensure unit is operating to expected performance levels, removing and dispatching components for specialist attention and re-installing the original or replacement, to bring the machine up to the required standards.
- Complete all service reports and warranty documentation to enable the correct and timely charging of the customer and suppliers
Skills and Knowledge
- Formal apprenticed trained or a development opportunity for a qualified apprentice
- Served as a workshop engineer for a significant period.
- Experience of a variety of construction and static machines is important.
- Knowledge in the use of field based diagnosis tools and equipment essential.
- Communications skills in negotiating a practical and commercially significant solution are important.
- Heavy Earth Moving equipment operating knowledge with Diesel Engine experience
Benefits package includes:
25 days holiday, company pension scheme, healthcare, company share scheme and various flexible benefits.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be considered to work for one of the leaders in the industry then please forward your cv to Nathan Woakes on or or .
Proactive Technical recruitment are leaders within the field of Plant Recruitment. With over 20 years experience of working within the field and also 20 + years recruitment experience we truly are specialists within this market.
We are looking to set up interviews and move this very soon so please act quick and apply!
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job