Field Service Engineer / Electro-Mechanical Engineer £36,500 - 38,500 (Paid Door to Door) + Overtime + Call out allowance + Company Vehicle + Fuel Card + Tooling + 25 Days Holiday + Contributory Pension
The Company: At the forefront of delivering centralised efficient low carbon energy solutions across public, private residential, retail and commercial sectors throughout the UK. With a range of clients, from hospitals, universities, residential blocks, rail stations, etc…Operating in a rapidly expanding vibrant market for Heat and Power solutions. Design, install, operate, maintain and own environmentally friendly energy generation; and distribution systems. Due to continued growth and internal promotions, experienced Field / Site Engineers are required.
Based from home, you will travel to key client sites where responsibilities will include operating and maintaining industrial hot water and steam boilers along with associated plant and equipment to ensure a reliable and continuous supply of heat/steam. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm, with door to door payment from home.
- Carry out reactive & preventative maintenance calls as per operational requirements.
- Respond to emergency call outs. This is on a scheduled rota basis of 1 in 3 weeks.
- Operate and maintain plant in a professional & safe manner, in accordance with company’s standards and expectations.
Use of and updating of relevant IT/IS tools, that are required by the demand of this role.
- The role will be field based within the Cambridge area, but travel outside of this area may be required, due to operational demand.
- A full UK driving licence and a proactive flexible approach to working hours are therefore essential.
You will ideally be multi-skilled & experienced in operating and maintaining industrial hot water and steam boilers, chiller & AC equipment in an industrial environment, or similar. Knowledge and experience of Energy Centre processes and supporting distribution systems; would be desirable, but not essential.
Ideal attributes desired are:
- Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical experience/background.
- Working knowledge of control/ plant monitoring systems, along with fault diagnostics. experience on low, medium voltage and control systems.
- Any knowledge of some of the following:- PLC controls / Pumps / Plate heat exchangers / Boilers / Piping / Ventilation / SCADA / BMS Systems
- Knowledge of Steam systems.
- The ability to read design specifications/ technical drawings.
- 17th Edition Electrical and/ or an appropriate mechanical engineering qualification having served a recognised apprenticeship is ideal.
- Gas Safe certification (Training and certification can be provided).
- A good level of IT/computer literacy.
Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise, in a proactive & self-initiated manner.
- Electrical Controls
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job