Overall Job Purpose
To develop mutually beneficial customer relationships that lead to achieving a new business target and increases the products and services taken by existing customers whilst retaining the current level of business. To be responsible for delivery of the new business target for the territory
- To identify and make contact with a large number of potential customers and develop strong business building relationships with our existing customer base, ultimately influencing their buying decisions.
- Ensure all sales data and relevant records are kept up to date
- Undertake a thorough washroom and floor care survey of every prospective and existing premise to understand the customers’ current service providers and their future potential requirements.
- Present proposals to the potential and existing clients that match their requirements in a professional manner, ensuring you are able to present the full range of company services and products with enthusiasm and expertise
- Achieve the agreed targets for sales and the sales activities as specified by your Manager.
- To identify accounts at risk and implement a recovery plan.
- Complete and work to an effective grid plan to enable efficient management of the territory, adhering to the Customer Contact Programme.
- Resolve and progress sales related client queries and complaints to achieve a resolution acceptable to both client and IWS.
- Effectively forecast new business sales numbers for the territory for the month, quarter and year.
- Work closely with the customer services team to ensure our customers receive a high quality customer experience.
- Work well with the peer group within the team and the region.
- To demonstrate ethical sales behaviour at all times, respecting the diversity of all colleagues/customers
- Ad hoc duties as required to support the business
Essential Qualities & Experience
- Do you like the competitive environment of being target driven
- Are you competitive Both within yourself and as part of a team
- Do you like the challenge of developing strong and mutually beneficial customer relationships
- Have you the Resilience and motivation to achieve new business targets
- Do you like to develop the skills for territory sales
- Ability to build relationships with customer service team
- Perform well under pressure to achieve the company objectives
- Ability to form good working relationships with the immediate and extended peer group
- Ability to negotiate and close new business contracts
Deliver Results - The ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organisation and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service:
- Need to focus on delivering what’s required
- Establishes SMART objectives for self
- Is enthusiastic and works with energy to achieve company standards and goals
- Monitors progress of objectives and takes action to ensure delivery to agreed timescales, and cost
- Plans, organises and prioritises workload effectively
Act Commercially - The ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focussed decisions. Need to use business thinking to make decisions:
- Uses experience to solve current problems
- Uses a straightforward and practical approach to handling business issues
- Understands how own actions impact on costs and finds the most cost effective solution to meet needs
Manage Self - Managing emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands. Individual needs to manage their emotions:
- Is aware of own feelings
- Manages own feelings to remain clear and focused
- Has positive expectations that things will work out
- Is aware of own development needs and takes steps to improve these
- Knows how to take care of themselves so they can be at their best
Work with Others - Building relationships and collaborating with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission. Needs to be a team player:-
- Offers help and advice when asked
- Is supportive and/or positive of other members of team
- Freely shares information knowledge and experience within own team and with other departments / business units)
- Commits to team decisions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job