Field Monitoring Officer
Electronic Monitoring Services
Role: Field Monitoring Officer
Salary & Benefits: £19,951 + company car (Including personal use)
Shift: Rotating shift pattern between 5pm-3am
Do you like working with people? Enjoy thinking on your feet, using your initiative and taking responsibility for your actions? Are you a problem solver, who's motivated and looking for a new challenge? Then this exciting opportunity could be for you.
Capita Electronic Monitoring Service (EMS) is contracted by the Ministry of Justice to provide electronic monitoring services (including 'tagging') across England and Wales. Electronic monitoring technology is used to deter individuals from breaking their curfews and places a stronger emphasis on rehabilitation, helping to ensure public safety across the country, while addressing the growing concerns about overcrowding in prisons. We're currently looking to expand our team of Field Monitoring Officers in Wales specifically in the following postcode areas;
M 4, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 50
If you are located in one of the above areas and interested in a generous salary of £19,951 then please read on..
We operate 24/7, 365 days a year, so as a Field Monitoring Officer you'll be expected to work a range of shifts during the hours of 5pm-3am. This will include weekends and bank holidays, on a rotating roster pattern. Shifts are usually 5pm-1am, 6pm-2am, and 7pm-3am.
What you'll do:
- Our Field Monitoring Officer role involves going into the homes of those on curfew, whether that's alone or alongside a colleague.
- Then it'll be your responsibility to install, calibrate and decommission monitoring equipment, so that the person on curfew can be detected within the boundaries of their property.
- You'll check and clean equipment when it's issued and on collection, and quarantine any equipment that needs to be held for evidence.
- Responding to priority visits, you'll be there to address any incidents and liaise with the central office over any issues or subject breaches.
- As you need to travel regularly and continuously throughout your shift, we'll provide you with your own company vehicle.
It's essential that you have a full UK driving licence as you'll be driving to individual's homes. You'll also:
- Be physically fit as you'll be attaching and removing curfew equipment.
- Have experience working in a customer facing role, so you'll know how to deal with challenging conversations.
- Be a strong communicator with great interpersonal skills and a high standard of written English.
- Be able to work flexibly on a shift rota basis and work well both as part of a team and on your own.
What's in it for you?
As well as a generous basic salary, we'll give you 23 day's holiday, a company car, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health and wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you'll do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'