Main purpose of the Field Manager:
The jobholder is responsible for the supervision of a team of Commercial and Domestic engineers based in the South region, overseeing both CMV and Reactive maintenance of communal heating systems, including consumer interface units, metering, AMR systems and prepayment systems in domestic and commercial properties.
To ensure the highest standards and levels of performance, customer service, engineering and health and safety.
To ensure the engineers are trained and equipped with the necessary van stock to meet pre-determined SLA’s delivering a high standard of customer service in an efficient manner at all times.
Requirements of the Field Manager:
- Experienced supervisor in Community & District heating schemes
- Strong man management skills to control a remote team of field engineers
- Ability to foresee and / or react quickly to problems.
- A ‘can do’ attitude to Customers, tasks and client requests
- Multi – site management of maintaining completion dates
- Qualification and/or Experience in HVAC and/or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge and experience in Community & District Heat Networks and mechanical (HIU’s)
- Knowledge and experience in managing Engineers and multi - site services
- Knowledge and experience in managing commercial heating engineers
- A detailed understanding of various types of meters and their operation
- Ideally a good understanding of Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) systems including Mbus, Radio & DLC etc.
- Good working knowledge of hydraulic systems including fault finding ability
- Good understanding of the use of the HHT and any other administrative duties including time sheets, stock take etc.
- Good understanding of prepayment systems including Point of sale units and prepayment units
- Literacy: Essential to be able to understand & use technical/contractual terminology IT literacy – ability to use outlook express, word and excel programs.
- Ideally NEBOSH/SMSTS qualification
Budgets: Involved in maintaining budgets. Checking and authorising expenditure. Mistakes can be very costly in terms of contractual issues, costs associated with delivering the services and materials.
Decision Making and Judgements: Working remotely the job holder, is required to make day to day decisions and judgements, within the parameters set. The job holder needs to know when to refer matters, how to exercise judgement and the impact of their actions internally.
On-call: There will be a requirement to form part of an OOH management on call rota
Travel: This is a Southern based role which will require travel around the UK and some staying away at times
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Field Manager role then please apply now!