UniCarriers are seeking a Field Forklift Engineer to join our team based in Scotland. Working on a full-time, permanent basis the successful candidate will earn a competitive salary of £30,000 + benefits, bonus scheme and an opportunity for overtime.
Candidates for this role will live near to the Scottish Boarders, ideally around Galashiels, as the position of Field Forklift Engineer will be covering customer sites between Glasgow and Edinburgh, as well as some sites in the North of England (as far down as Carlisle).
UniCarriers are a global manufacturer and supplier of industrial forklift trucks. The UK subsidiary is the largest in Europe and our parent company, Mitsubishi Logisnext Co., is the world’s third-largest forklift manufacturer, employing over 5,000 people worldwide.
The Field Forklift Service Engineer Role:
As our Field Forklift Engineer you will act as a key member of the team by keeping our client’s forklifts in smooth working order. You will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Performing repairs, servicing and preventative maintenance of customer forklift truck equipment
- Perform mechanical, hydraulic and electrical fault diagnosis carrying out subsequent repairs in a time and cost-effective manner
- Develop and maintain client relationships ensuring the highest levels of customer service is achieved
- Liaison with the parts department to ensure appropriate stock levels are held on the company vehicle.
- Completion of documentation to company standards
Skills and Experience
You ideally will have worked with material handling products before; however, we are open to considering candidates from other backgrounds such as: Agricultural, Armed Forces such as REME, Automotive, Construction Equipment, HGV, LGV, Plant, Access Hire or Roadside.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications needed as our Field Forklift Engineer:
- A full driving licence
- Excellent servicing and fault-finding skills
- Good electrical knowledge
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- A professional and helpful attitude to work
- Experience of hydraulics and electrical equipment an advantage, however training will be provided as required.
UniCarriers offer a huge benefits package including but not limited to:
- Overtime is payable at X 1.6 Monday – Saturday and x 2.1 on Sunday and Bank Holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Company van is available for private use if desired
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 after 5 full years’ service) + bank holidays with flexibility to sell back/buy additional holiday days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health scheme
- Income protection
- Life cover
- Subsidised gym membership
- In-depth product training with long term opportunities for personal growth and development
If you would like to be considered for the role of Field Forklift Engineer within a highly successful company offering comprehensive training, a great working environment and amazing benefits package please apply now!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'