Package: Salary £24,000 + 25 days annual leave + 3% Flex Fund + 5% Pension + Life Assurance
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridge / Remote home working
Role Type: 12 month FTC
Set up by the Department of Health in a unique partnership with technology experts Sopra Steria, NHS Shared Business Services (NHS SBS) provide essential corporate back office services to other NHS organisations.
NHS SBS is the market leader in corporate services with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products.? With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.?
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time-consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are designing and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver world-class patient care.
We are passionate about using our expertise to save the NHS time and money and are more relevant today than ever before.
The Day Job
Provide onsite and office based assistance in relation to end user devices, supporting deployment, delivery and or installation of devices on site, imaging devices and any other tasks associated with the role of a field service engineer.
- Deploy PC’s. laptops, and other ICT equipment as required as part of BAU or Projects.
- Testing and imaging devices adhering to internal quality standards.
- Complete all required documentation
- Update the information system incident management tool (currently Supportworks).
- Provide second line support including the installation of local software and or printers (standalone/label) to end user devices
- Accurately, assess time to complete tasks in order to follow standard project processes and procedures.
- To be aware of the relevant SLA structure and to respond, fix or escalate according to the limits set out within that structure.
- Maintain Operational and User procedures to ensure that Team Leader is kept informed of progress.
- The Field Engineer will have good experience of working in a high-pressured end user environment.
- Good working knowledge and experience of associated field engineering techniques.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Field Engineer in a medium or large sized organisation
- Demonstrable experience as a Field engineering working on medium or large projects.
- Skills covering administration, fault finding/diagnosis and fix.
- Experience within a customer support environment.
- Experienced in an Microsoft environment
- Experience of: File/Print Clusters an advantage,
- Working to tight SLA’s
- Accreditation to MCP level or equivalent.
- Diploma in Computer Sciences
- Documentation Skills, with the ability to produce documents for use by colleagues, end user, as well as operational procedure documentation for use by service desk personnel.
Reasons why you should apply to us
- We’re big – really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you’ll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about.
- We have an enviable client list – we work with some of the biggest names out there.
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count.
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo.
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'