Zetes Ltd (A Panasonic Company) has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer to join our experienced team. With fantastic training and development opportunities, this role would suit someone who wishes to build a great professional career in electronics and IT equipment. You'll be mainly based in Hurley, Maidenhead and due to the nature of the role you will be expected to travel to various customers across the UK and the very occasional European visit.
Main Purpose of Job:
To ensure that equipment (handheld terminals, scanners & printers) is in full working order and tested to the specific customer’s requirements and to carry out customer site visits to offer repairs, configuration services, preventive maintenances etc as required.
- Supporting, documenting and managing device configuration files and processes.
- Updating the service management systems as appropriate with relevant repair updates and reconfiguration details.
- Supporting the Helpdesk in providing troubleshooting and diagnostics to customers with device operation or configuration problems.
- To assist the project management team at customer premises with tasks of configuration, consultancy, support, etc.
- Communicating with customers to obtain up to date configuration information.
- Maintaining up to date configuration files ensuring changes are effected promptly.
- Testing and configuring new devices prior to dispatch to the customer.
- Some experience in repair and testing equipment, ideally electronic hardware.
- Team player, with a helpful, positive, calm and methodical approach.
- Ability to follow rules and processes, and recommend changes/improvements when appropriate.
- Pro-active approach to resolving problems.
- Ability to organise work priorities.
- Working with minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel nationwide and overseas with overnight stays. (Overtime pay will apply)
- Full Driving License.
Useful attributes (Training will be provided)
- Good working knowledge of device configuration methods and practices particularly for Zebra, Honeywell, Datalogic and other auto ID devices.
- Soldering training & experience
- Familiarity with Windows CE, Windows Mobile and Android platforms.
In return for your commitment, we offer a fantastic benefits package including private medical, life insurance, pension, on-site cafe and a free to use gym.
- Electronic Hardware
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job