Field Claims Manager - Household Property
Home based, with travel across South and Central London
Are you passionate about assisting and helping customers? And can you demonstrate experience in handling and managing insurance claims? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Here at Aviva, we are currently in the market for a Field Claims Manager - a home-based position, visiting our customers across South and Central London.
In order to be considered, you must have a full UK driving licence, as completing customer visits will an integral part of your role.
The successful post-holder will be responsible for providing a customer focused and cost-effective service handling household claims - from instruction to completion, within agreed financial authority limits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigate, validate, manage and settle household claims in line with policy cover, philosophies and standards
- Undertake field (physical) and desk (virtual) assessments to maximise outcomes
- Provide estimation of insurance related repairs, utilising claims scoping software
- Update customers regularly to ensure optimum customer service and claim experience
- Identify/capture fraud and recoveries information and data
- Manage work in progress, updating claims management and estimating systems to maintain a real-time view for our customers and the business, as well as demonstrate effective cost management
- Travel outside of designated area to support major incidents as required (i.e., undertake UK wide travel as and when needed)
- Identify and share market, legal and technical trends/developments
Skills & Experience required
- Full UK driving licence, with the ability to travel across the designated area on a regular basis
- Ability to sometimes work flexibly outside of your 'usual' Monday to Friday hours, managing your own diary
- Knowledge of the insurance industry ideally related to managing home / property claims
- Relevant technical expertise in relation to: Flood/EOW/Fire damage management best practice and principles / technical buildings best practice methodology and pathology / claims scoping and management
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- IT literate with ability to learn new technologies
- Committed to growing your own knowledge through technical, theoretical and practical means
- Industry relevance qualifications are highly desirable - particularly CII and BDMA
What will you get for this role?
- Annual salary of £38,000 to £45,000, depending on skills, experience, and qualifications
- Company car
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits that include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow. We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'