Directly reports to: Registered Manager
Working alongside and supporting: Care Co-ordinator & Resourcer.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 0730-1630
Main Purpose of the Post:
- To supervise, mentor, support, review and guide a group of Care Workers and assist the management team to ensure the efficient planning and delivery of care and/or support to Service Users in a geographical area.
- To ensure all quality measures are met in the field in accordance with the Care Quality Commission and Sugarman Health and Wellbeing's policy and procedures, including regular monitoring and review of care packages and development of person centred Risk and Needs Assessments, Support Plans and any other required assessments in order to deliver the highest possible standard of service delivery.
- To work in partnership with and communicate regularly with the Care Co-ordinator to ensure that all care packages are being delivered as per the Sugarman Health and Wellbeing Quality Assurance guarantee.
- To provide emergency support including the delivery of services when required.
- To form part of the out of our duty roster
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Accountability for all field based quality measures
To work with the Office based Care Coordinator to plan and deliver an ongoing cycle of Service User Reviews, spot checks and direct observations appropriate to their individual needs.
Assess Service User needs and conduct appropriate risk assessments prior to the start of service delivery with a person centred focus.
Complete the appropriate number of reviews required per service user against the Sugarman Health and Wellbeing assessment guide (High/Medium/Low)
Report any changes to Service Users needs, schedule of care or change of circumstances to the Office based Coordinator or team immediately.
Ensure that all administrative work associated with the job is audited and kept up to date and is produced accurately and timely.
To arrange the collection of all daily records and the distribution of gloves/aprons etc on a weekly basis for all care workers unable to travel to the Watford Hub.
Ensure the computer system is updated appropriately in line with documentation completed at the field level.
Support Care Workers and identify and implement appropriate training or mentor as necessary for them to improve and/or develop their skills.
To work with the Office Care Coordinator to plan and deliver an ongoing cycle of spot checks and supervision sessions with Care Workers. To identify training needs and completion of a personal training plan for each care worker.
Ensure that Care Workers deliver a service that respects the Services Users, rights, choices and dignity whilst treating them with respect at all times. Ensuring that rosters are correct and followed in accordance with the service users wishes.
Promoting the use of electronic call monitoring and highlighting any concerns immediately to the office
Ensure that care is delivered in accordance with company policies and procedures and to report any incidents or concerns to the Operations Manager
To partner closely with Office based Coordinators to ensure that Service Users needs are met with the allocation of the most appropriately skilled and trained Care Workers.
Participate in the recruitment process by identifying recruitment needs, interviewing and training.
To assist with the on-call roster
Ability to travel between areas at the request of the Operations Manager.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised from time to time to reflect the changing needs of Sugarman Health and Wellbeing.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Team Leader
- Complex Care
- Field Care Supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job