Title - Field based Engineer / Service Engineer
Patch - Local & UK
Salary & package - £25,000 - £40,000 + commission structure + Xmas bonus + car (Passat) + phone + laptop + pension + no weekends + no bank holidays
Hours of work - If you are in the office the hours are 08:00 - 16:30 Monday - Thursday and 08:00 - 16:00 Friday.
If you would like to work for a business which, aside from being exceptional at what they do, pride themselves on providing a work life balance....this is for you!
Currently seeking a Field based Engineer to join an extremely well established and renowned business based in the Midlands.
They are a privately owned and operated group, consisting of a total of four businesses, all of which complement each other.
In general, they sell and service special purpose measurement machinery into multiple industries such as; aerospace, manufacturing and automotive to name a few.
They also have many high value and enviable clients such as; Gillette, Airbus, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Ford and many more!
Service, maintain, carrying out contract visits, planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and responding to breakdowns at customers sites across the region and UK.
You will also have the opportunity to learn the software side of the machinery, which will enable them to install and commission, alongside training the customers.
The Candidate - skills and background
- Based in the Midlands
- Electro/Mechanical fault finding from a service/maintenance environment
- Skills set to be backed up with academic engineering qualifications or time served apprentice in engineering
- Computer literate with knowledge of software and windows based systems - Fault finding from log files, IPC retrofits, restore machines from backup etc.
- Self-sufficient and ability to operate with minimum supervision - Most of the time spent on site, goes with the territory
- Personable with the ability operate within a customer focused environment - Good communicator, works well under pressure, presentable etc.
- Experience from CNC metal cutting or grinding - Supplements the understanding required and reflects the settings in which the company operate
- Experience of high precision production environments - Beneficial as we operate in this arena at many blue chip engineering firms