Job Title: Field Applications Specialist
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (with Company Flexi-Time System)
Pay Rate: £33K to £36K per annum dependent on experience
Benefits: 22 days plus Bank Holidays + Commission + Company Profit Share Scheme + Company Car + Private Health Care
Job Type: Permanent
Our Bedfordshire based global technology client are currently recruiting for a Field Applications Specialist to provide high level technical, applications and software support for UK and Irish customers working with an industrial controller product range. The business have experienced double digit year-on-year growth and have ambitious plans for the future including the introduction of new technologies and the development of new and existing markets.
The role will involve identifying opportunities to expand and grow the business throughout the UK and Ireland.
Key tasks and duties include:
- On-site support and consultancy for customers using or planning to use the industrial motor controller platform.
- Demonstrating how to solve customer’s challenges in motor control by understanding the roadblocks, assembling the required components from the company’s component range in order to provide a solution. Where this is not possible documenting the gaps in the product range.
- Applications and software support for controllers in both the pre and post sales phases.
- Direct customer interaction via visits, telephone calls and email. Correspondence and communication to be properly recorded on the company CRM system.
- As appropriate, document application successes for replication and where possible publication.
- Help set up demonstrations of product solutions for customers and colleagues.
- Working with the sales team and overseas colleagues to secure business by identifying appropriate solutions to meet the customer’s needs.
The ideal candidate will have either a degree or HND in Engineering (ideally Control Engineering) and have at least three years’ experience of customer facing hardware and software support of precision motion motor controllers in an industrial and research environment. They will also need to have excellent communication skills and be an analytical problem solver. The role involves extensive travel around the UK so the applicants should be flexible and a willingness to travel.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive, very successful business at a time of expansion for someone who has a keen interest in science and technology.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
- Customer Interaction
- Control Engineering