Fibre "fibre splicer" "fibre splicing"
Fibre Splicer Field Team Manager
Up to £31,500 plus company vehicle plus 10% bonus and benefits
London field based
Our client is the largest 1 Gig residential broadband provider in the UK. Over the past 5 years we’ve grown from a small team of people with a simple idea, to a larger group of people executing the idea with a simple focus - efficiently bringing 1 Gig broadband to urban areas across the UK.
As we continue to evolve our strategy we are looking for people who believe in reliability, intelligence, zeal, and excellence. If you’re looking for an exciting challenge that is rewarding and enjoyable then read on…
They are more than just an internet service provider; it also installs its own fibre infrastructure into multi-occupancy buildings, bringing the UK’s fastest internet speeds to users. Your mission will be to contribute to the success of the field operations team.
We are looking for a responsible, experienced, self-motivated individual that would like to be part of building a successful broadband business. With demonstrable breadth of experience, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the Field Operations team and form a vital component in the future of them. The primary responsibilities of the Fibre Splicer Field Team Manager will oversee and manager the Fibre Splicer team. You will also be required to splice fibre optic cables in both outdoor and indoor settings, read, create and maintain splicing schematics and diagrams, maintain control of outside plant activities surrounding the assigned work site(s), taking and maintaining accurate splicing and field notes, support project timelines, and inspecting, designing and providing accurate staking sheets for projects.
Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned. This position requires field work which may include overtime, weekends, holidays, and off hours.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Day to Day support of the Splicer Engineer team
- Ongoing Personal Development of the Splicer Engineering team
- Site Allocation and Resource Management
- Performance Management of the Field Engineering team ensuring company KPI’s are met and exceeded where possible
- Supporting the Area Delivery Manager’s
- Administering of their policies and procedures
- On-Site Health and Safety management and the development of a Safety culture
- Splice fibre optic cables including both loose tube and tight buffer optic cables. Construct a proper splice case, including but not limited to: grounding, bonding, isolation, slack storage and sealing. Prepare and maintain splicing records, schematics and diagrams
- Perform work in accordance with industry standards. Be familiar with RUS standards, read and follow design engineers’ instructions and specifications, maintain the scope of work on the project and adhere to safety procedures
- Prepare engineering field notes. Interpret buried underground and aerial telecom facilities in records, on maps and in the field with clarity and detail and make recommendations for changes in running line or construction methodologies
- Enter and maintain outside plant records
- Participate in engineering, permit and construction processes to support project contracts
(Essential and desirable):
- Relevant experience leading field based engineering teams
- Strong Leadership qualities with the ability to set departmental and team goals
- Experience in basic Project Management
- Experience of the managing on-site Health and Safety and PPE
- Familiarisation with Construction & Engineering Health & Safety regulations
- Experience of construction with Outside Plant Telecom Engineering
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production or precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. Understanding of how to read Staking Sheets
- Working knowledge and experience of current computerised operations, CAD systems, and Visio
- Good IT literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Self-motivated individual with a strong focus on delivery
- Pro-active approach to Continuous Improvement
- Must hold a valid UK driving license
- Fusion Splicing