Fibre Splicer - North West Area - £26,000 - £32,000 Company Van with Fuel Card, Holiday, Pension.
This is your opportunity to join a Client that is renowned across the industry for its exceptional levels of customer service and has established a reputation for delivering Engineering Excellence. Since 1985, when they were first established, they have grown to become a trusted and market leading provider of civil engineering, telecommunications network construction, maintenance and upgrade knowledge, to some of the UK's largest PLCs.
The candidate will be based from home with a laptop , phone van and fuel card etc . you will fibre splicing to the property and to the business. You will be provided all the essentials, ( splicing machine OTDR / LSPM / etc) you will be expected to provide your own hand tools.
You will be sent the jobs through the night before . you will liaise with the scheduling team throughout the day.
You will need knowledge of working on external trunk routes / splicing external joints / experience using test equipment / OTDR ( optical time domain reflection) / LSPM ( Light source power meter) / Terminating internal ( customers premises ) / ideally 2 years plus fibre splicing and testing !
There is a standby rota in operation . currently 1 in 8. *You will be paid extra for this.*
- LV & HV (11kv) cable jointing for DNO and private network clients.
- Standard tools, equipment and plant are maintained and repaired to ensure their safety and reliability.
- Prepare different types of cables with different cable sheathing systems and accessories for the jointing process
- Collect materials from yard and attend work location as required.
- Must have fibre splicing experience
- £26000 -£32000 Basic
- Fuel card
- Laptop Phone
- Bonus / Price work on top
- Pension - Contributory Stakeholder Scheme
- Holiday - 33 days inclusive of statutory allowance
Please contact Chloe Wild on or
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job