£25k - £30k
We are looking for a knowledgeable Fibre Process Engineer to join an advanced optical development company. The Fibre Process Engineer will take a hands-on approach to the development of next generation products.
Main responsibilities of the Fibre Process Engineer will include-
- Fibre splicing and glass processing development, supporting product development projects
- Hands-on process development- alignment of process and component specifications
- Assessment of technology and process capability
- In charge of development through to validation and manufacturing, offering production line support
Key skills and requirements of the Fibre Process Engineer will include-
- 2:1 or above in Physics/Electronic/Optical Engineering degree from a top university
- 2+ years’ experience in optical fibre processing and splicing in either an industrial, commercial or academic research environment.
- Understanding of modal effects within optical fibres and splicing
- Experience in laser physics or high power fibre lasers is desirable
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary project teams
The salary for the role will be based on experience and will range between £25k-30k. This role is based in Southampton.