Fermentation Development Scientist - Scotland
Fermentation Process Scientist
Our client is seeking to recruit a Fermentation Process Scientist to join its established team. In this new role you will be part of the process science team that supports product manufacture, develops new processes and improves established processes.
The Fermentation Scientist will:
- utilise scientific methods to develop new approaches for growing yeast.
- develop protocols to optimise yeast propagation performance.
- bring technical knowledge to provide fermentation solutions fit for the needs of a diverse portfolio of product categories.
- perform basic economic evaluations on formulations, raw materials and processes to estimate business value.
- assist in the selection and evaluation of new strains to meet specific business objectives.
- develop pilot-plant capability.
- keep up-to-date with developments in yeast propagation technology.
- develop contacts with key experts for scientific, analytical, and engineering support.
- participate as an active member of cross-functional teams made-up from disciplines as varied as RD&A, QA & QC, Production, Engineering, Procurement & Business Development.
The ideal candidate will be at least degree qualified in a life science subject such as biotechnology, brewing or microbiology and have experience of fermentation development of yeast / bacteria products.
Industrial experience within a food or beverage manufacturing environment is preferred. The successful candidate should have excellent team working skills and be capable of working on multiple complex projects in a dynamic environment. It is essential that the candidate has strong written and oral communication, and IT skills.
- Fermentation Technology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'