Female Weekend Extra Care Support Worker
Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support to people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, autism spectrum conditions, and older people. We are recruiting Female Weekend Extra Care Workers for our Extra Care Services for older people in Reading, Berkshire.
We are looking for motivated and warm Female Weekend Support Workers to work in a person-centred way with older people with care and support needs in Tilehurst and the wider Reading area. As a Support Worker you will be providing quality care and support to all our residents and encouraging them to engage in a range of fun and exciting activities.
Your role will include:
- Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support to older people
- Supporting service users to retain their independence for as long as possible
- Identifying and accessing opportunities with the service users to support them to lead meaningful and fulfilling lifestyles
- Collaborating with service users, families, and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that meets the needs of service users
- Working as part of a team and alone in service user homes
- Assisting the line manager with the day-to-day running of the service
At this service in Reading, Berkshire, experience of working with older people is not essential; however you must have a warm personality and be able to work in a person-centred way with older people.
This position offers the opportunity to work in an environment that challenges and encourages personal and professional development. Creative Support has obtained Investors in People Silver status and you will receive ongoing training regarding the service user group you work with and training regarding changes to the law governing social care. You will be paid on a weekly basis.
Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'