Female Support Worker
Job Title: Female Support Worker
Location: Calne, Wiltshire
Salary: £9.27 per hour
Hours: Up to 39 hours per week
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Thera Group are a charity that support people with a learning disability in the community. We want to demonstrate that people with a learning disability can be leaders in society but we can't do this without you! We need Support Workers in the Calne area to make our vision a reality.
We have recently achieved Skills for Care endorsement which is a mark of quality in recognition of the learning and development you will receive. This is evidence that our training provision makes a significant difference to our workforce and the people we support.
The role of a Support Worker is to ensure the people we work with are safe, happy and lead fulfilling lives. Supporting someone with a learning disability isn't just personal care; it's so much more.
A Support Worker could be taking the people supported out on shopping trips, days out, visiting social clubs and trips to the beach. They could support with day to day activities such as cooking and actively seek to introduce new choices.
This role is shift work, including long days, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
Staff say "We get job satisfaction when goals are achieved with people" and "It's a good place to work".
Part time positions are also available for this role.
- You don't need to have worked in supported living before to be a good Support Worker. If you are caring, kind, patient and want to work in a job that is genuinely rewarding, this is for you.
- Ideally you will already hold a Level 2 Health and Social Care Diploma or have the willingness to undertake.
- You'll need to have great communication skills and be comfortable making decisions. A basic level of English and Math is also required.
- You must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including long days, sleep in's and waking nights.
- Experience with complex behaviours and mental health is desirable.
- Must be able to drive.
- Must have a full and clean drivers licence.
- 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- Employee support line to support you
- Continuous on the job training is provided
- Contributory Pension Plan
- Occupational Maternity Pay
- NVQ Funding
- DBS paid for by Thera
- Career progression
- Training for level 2 Health and Social care diploma
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Access to Thousands of Retail Discounts
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Support Worker, Carer, Health Care Assistant, Home Care Worker, Care Support Worker, Residential Care Worker, Carer, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Social Carer, Support Worker, Enabler, Care Worker, Support Assistant, Care Helper, Care Assist, Healthcare Assistant, Residential Care Support, Social Care, NVQ2 may also be considered for this role.
- Support Worker
- Care Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Home Care Worker
- Care Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Care Support Worker
- Support Assistant
- Care Helper
- Social Carer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'