FEMALE FULL TIME SUPPORT WORKER - Guildford - £9.69 p/h
- Various contracted hour shifts available (to suit your lifestyle)
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- Dedicated learning & development programmes.
- We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
- DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
- Refer a Friend Reward Scheme - earn up to £250 per referral!
- Stakeholder Pension
- Share Save Scheme
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Employee Awards Evening
- Employee recognition schemes
- Carer progression within the company.
- CareTech Foundation - Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants.
About the Role
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to leadas ordinary life as they can achieve.You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Surrey Supported Living has 6 sites in and around the Guildford and Woking area; two in Guildford, one on the Guilford & Woking border and three in Woking. All services are on the main bus routes and all have parking.
Surrey Supported Living provides care and support for up to 25 people with Learning difficulties and Mental Health. All require support with: managing money, shopping, cooking, cleaning, medical appointments etc, managing correspondence, exploring leisure and work activities and accessing the community etc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
- To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards one.
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills.
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Support Workers
- Supported Living
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'