Job Title: Female Support Worker
Location: Great Dalby, Leicestershire
Rate of pay: £8.72 - £8.95 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role? Aspirations are looking for a female support worker who is passionate about supporting individuals within the community to enjoy a fulfilling and independent life.
As a Support Worker, you will be working as part of a team providing support for individuals with learning disabilities, mental health issues and autism within the community in line with their individual needs. The premises is set in a beautiful country location with a large garden.
- Helping with the challenges of everyday life such as dressing, washing and chores.
- Supporting with personal care.
- Enable and support in attending and participating in hobbies and activities such as swimming or gardening.
- Encourage participation in life of the wider community.
- Administer medication as required
- Complete daily care plans.
- Ensure safeguarding responsibilities are met and to protect the Adults rights to live safely and free from abuse or neglect.
Skills and experience required:
- For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9
- Whilst previous experience in the care sector is ideal, you may have also had exposure to the skills and knowledge that we are looking for through caring for loved one’s or through voluntary work.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Passionate about care and want to make a difference.
- Someone who is active and can encourage others to get involved.
- Holding a full, clean driving license is essential due to the location.
- Having a positive outlook and maintaining a good sense of humour in sometimes challenging circumstances.
- Full and comprehensive training programme, including the Care Certificate
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Opportunities to take NVQ Level 2
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee recognition schemes
- Optional overtime
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Flexible shift work
- Full and part-time hours considered
Aspirations Care have been supporting adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues and Autism to have a lifestyle that matters to them since 2004. We are passionate about supporting and encouraging individuals to achieve their full potential, no matter how challenging. Our staff teams, through their training and experience, are expert at working alongside individuals to promote the person’s well-being, inclusion and independence.
Our staff can expect full training, study for qualifications and a rewarding career
At Aspirations we value all colleagues, regardless of age. We are proud to offer pay over the statutory minimum set for young workers and have no set retirement age.
Aspirations is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitability qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable adults that we support and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.72-£8.95 per hour
- Assisted Living
- Support Workers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'