Female Support Worker in Furzton MK4 and Giffard Park MK14
Contract type: full-time / part-time / bank
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would LOVE to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England. We believe that by inspiring people to achieve their own goals, live the life they want, with who they want to live with and within their chosen community, we can make a real difference to those we support. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I work?
You will be supporting 2 ladies in their own homes, with day to day activities and supporting them to regain their independence and life skills. Both ladies are physically able and enjoy accessing the community both with support and independently. You will be required to work between two services in MK4 and MK14. This is on a rota basis and may involve you working between both services, on separate days during the week. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
What will I be doing?
Your duties may change depending on the service you will be working in. However at Turning Point we all want to achieve the same goal - promoting independence!
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Some of your duties will involve:
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Providing personal care (minimal), manual handling and observing with medication
- Developing residents' life skills and personal interests
- Accessing local community groups, education and employment with service users
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
These services operate 24 hours 7 days a week, which will be based around a rota. You will need to be flexible to working evening, weekends, sleep ins and waking nights. The shifts are usually 7.5 hours long.
Please note that working hours may vary from service to service.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Annual pay reviews
- Reward Discount Scheme. This is a great scheme which will mean that you can get a whole range of discounts from top UK retailers to use as you like. The discounts that will be available to you include shopping cards offering up to 20% discounts on everyday shopping, holidays and eating out, discounts on days out, the cinema and attractions
- Excellent training and development
- Pension plan and life assurance cover
- Generous holidays with option to buy/sell days as suits your lifestyle
- Family/Flexible leave
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
If you would like to apply or require any further information on the role please contact me on
We look forward to you joining us!!!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job