Female Support Worker - Baldock Herts
FEMALE SUPPORT WORKER - Norton Crescent, Baldock - £9.09p/h
We are looking for an experienced Female Support Worker to work in Norton Lane service, with previous experience of autism to start the new journey with us.
Norton Crescent is set in a quiet street within walking distance to the local town and all amenities.
There are two male Service Users, who enjoy pub meals, computer games, gym, voluntary work, gardening, bowling, swimming and cinema.
Are you looking for a role to understand and encourage our Service Users to build up their independence and confidence?
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work full time hours and sleep-ins
- To work with a team of support workers to enable our service users to lead as fulfilling and satisfying a life as they possibly can
- To act as a role model for staff, so that they are encouraged to understand the people you are support
- To be actively engaged with service users and staff, continuously seeking opportunities for improvements to service users’ lifestyles and staff’s skills and commitment to achieve this
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or willing to work towards
- Experience in supporting young adults with Autism
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
- We offer full time permanent contract
- We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
- Career progression path within the company
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
- DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
- SAYE Scheme
Caretech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services. CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents. To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Some of our roles require male or female employees only. Where this is indicated, it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
CareTech are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'