Female Home Care Assistant
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: Weekdays - £8.10 per hour, Weekends - £8.25 per hour, 30p mileage rate!
Contract: Full or Part time positions available
Due to continued growth and expansion Right at Home Services are now currently recruiting for Female Home Care Assistant’s to join their team based in Newcastle upon Tyne!
Ideally the successful candidate will have a driving license and access to their own vehicle.
Purpose of the Home Care Position:
To provide personal, practical, social and emotional support to people in their own homes, in a way that respects the dignity of the individual, promotes independence, their safety and wellbeing and puts the supported person at the very heart of the service.
The support provided by Care Workers is that which would normally be undertaken by a caring relative and must not include tasks which would normally be undertaken by a qualified nurse.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Personal care such as assistance with personal hygiene, grooming, the management of continence, rising and retiring and other personal care detailed in the care plan.
- Contribute to the movement and handling of people who use our services to maximise their physical abilities and mobility.
- Enable people who use our services to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance.
- Assisting in the preparation and making of meals, drinks and snacks.
- Enabling people who use our services to maintain a good level of nutrition and hydration.
- To provide assistance with toileting, including emptying and cleaning of commodes, emptying and changing of catheter bags and the use of aids to continence such as pads.
- To provide assistance with other tasks of daily living that people who use our services cannot manage alone. These may include cleaning, shopping, collection of pension, paying of bills, small gardening tasks and laundry.
- To provide social support such as talking and listening to people who use our services, helping them maintain contact with family and friends.
- To report all changes in the health and social circumstances of people who use our services to the Registered Manager as soon as practical.
- To assist people who use our services to take their medication as identified by the care plan, limited by the level of training or the individual Care Worker
- Maintain a written agreed record of work completed.
- To undertake all duties in accordance with the company policies and procedures, and abide at all times by the General Social Care Council Code of Practice. Of particular importance are policies relating to Prevention and Detection of Abuse and Confidentiality.
This job description is not exhaustive and will develop and change over time, within the boundaries of the job role.
- Weekdays £8.10 per hour
- Weekends £8.25 per hour
- Extended Shifts 12hour £7.90 per hour WEEKDAYS
- Extended Shifts 12 hour £8.05 per hour WEEKENDS
- 30p Millage Rate
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position; this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit female Home Care Assistants.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Home Care
- Home Care Assistant