Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support to people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, autism spectrum conditions, and older people. We are recruiting a Female Extra Care Worker for our Extra Care Service for older people in Reading
We are looking for a motivated and warm applicant to work in a person-centred way with older people with care and support needs in Slough. Your role will include:
- Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support to older people
- Supporting service users to retain their independence for as long as possible
- Identifying and accessing opportunities with the service users to support them to lead meaningful and fulfilling lifestyles
- Collaborating with service users, families, and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that meets the needs of service users
- Working as part of a team and alone in service user homes
- Assisting the line manager with the day-to-day running of the service
Experience of working with older people is not essential; however you must have a warm personality and be able to work in a person-centred way with older people.
You will be expected to work flexibly on a rota to meet the needs of the service, including weekends, and bank holidays.
This position offers the opportunity to work in an environment that challenges and encourages personal and professional development. Creative Support has obtained Investors in People Silver status and you will receive ongoing training regarding the service user group you work with and training regarding changes to the law governing social care. Exempt from section 7 2e of the SDA.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job