Female Care and Support Assistant - Bank
We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Female Care and Support Assistant – Bank
Clover Court, Clapham Road South, Lowestoft, Suffolk
£8.03 per hour (rising to £8.28 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Hours as and when required
Do you need flexibility in the days you work? Our bank contracts allow you to choose from available shifts while giving you the benefits of a consistent work place and the opportunity to build positive relationships with the individuals we support.
We are currently recruiting for Female Care and Support Assistants to provide personal care and support to our clients at Clover Court.
Located close to the town centre in Lowestoft, Clover Court has 20 self-contained apartments supporting adults, who have a range of physical disabilities. We are looking for individuals who want to make a real difference in people’s lives. The role of Care and Support Assistant gives you the opportunity to support people with a physical disability to make the most of their daily lives. We are looking for candidates with a passion for supporting people with complex needs to live as independently as possible, someone who values kindness and patience and who treats others with dignity and respect.
Our philosophy is simple; to give our residents a high standard of living within modern surroundings. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, come and join our established and experienced team.
The role of Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Providing personal care to clients, including washing, dressing and toileting
- Supporting residents with both preparing and eating meals
- Supporting residents with their finances
- Providing residents with support in the local community, including supporting with food shops and on trips into town
- Supporting people with communication difficulties
- Working one to one with several different clients within a shift
Skills and experiences:
- Person centred approach ideally with experience within a similar care related role
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- Good communication skills, allowing you to build relationships with clients
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities whilst working to deadlines
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards is desirable
Due to the sensitive needs of our clients we can only consider female applicants. Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
Why work for us?
Clover Court is a winner in the Suffolk Care Awards in the category Promoting Dignity and Respect in Everyday Life find out more here (http://winners.html)
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 22 October 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'