Permanent & Full-time (8am-5pm)
We are currently seeking a Fee Administrator for our key partner within the education sector with this role based in a school in South Croydon. The Fees Administrator is responsible for the accurate administration of all fee billing and credit control. Working as part of the Bursary Team, under the direction of the Business Manager, the post holder will also take responsibility for administering bursary and discount applications as well as researching, reviewing and recording all other sources of income and identifying alternative revenue streams.
- Set up and accurately maintain pupil and parent records on the fee billing system. This will include recording fee deposits and maintaining confidential payment records
- Collate and enter all additional termly charges e.g. after-school care
- Post fees, charges and narrative messages to the termly bills
- Produce the bills for each of the three terms in the academic year and distribute to parents
- Update bills on the fee billing system
- Process and administer credit and debit card receipts
- Responsible for fee collection and credit control, liaising with the Business Manager where appropriate.
- Reconcile all receipts to the fees bank statement and post into the fee billing system
- Prepare all banking
- Resolve all telephone and email queries from parents and colleagues concerning billing
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure they provide the information required for fee billing in an accurate and timely manner
- To liaise with IT support to resolve any problems identified with the fee billing system
- To prepare and post fee billing related to nominal ledger journals
- To assist in the reconciliation of the fee billing related to nominal ledger accounts
- Together with the Business Manager, to collate applications and assess the eligibility of applicants for means-tested bursary support
- To produce regular fee income, discount and credit control reports supporting collection and management reporting.
- To collate and submit EYG returns to the Local Authority and allocate and record funding
As part of the Bursary and Admin Team, the Fees Administrator will also provide general administrative assistance and support including:
- Taking incoming calls and directing them as appropriate
- Any other general administration as deemed reasonable and necessary
- Provide holiday or temporary cover as required
If you possess demonstrable experience in finance and customer service capacity and are interested in exploring this role further, please apply now with an up to date copy of your CV.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and/or criminal/police or equivalent background checks for all other countries inhabited (irrespective of whether you worked in those countries).
- Credit Control
- Billing Systems
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'