FCOs (First Call Operatives)
Salary range: £23.9K - £26.6K
Closing date: 28th February 2018
Location: Poole Depot
Reference: 17306EXT R1
We are recruiting for a First Call Operative (FCO) based in Poole depot reporting to the Team Manager. Suitable applicants must live within easy access of the Christchurch, Bournemouth, Poole or Weymouth areas.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What does a First Call Operative do?
- Locating and securing gas escapes and gas meter work.
- Undertaking physically demanding work.
- Working in a variety of outdoor environments safely and as part of a team.
- Using computer field systems and achieving high standards of safety and technical competence.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- A flexible approach to work, and willingness to take on new skills in order to further your career in the gas industry.
- Friendly and approachable attitude with excellent customer service skills, as you will be dealing with members of the public.
- Willingness to work variable hours and be flexible, you may be placed on a standby rota.
- Demonstrating the ability to working in a physically demanding environment.
- Hold MET1 to 4 and CCN1 accreditation
- A full and valid driving license is essential
What will I get in return?
- Opportunity to join one of the largest gas distribution companies in the UK & plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
- Being part of a company that is committed to equality of opportunities for all, irrespective of sex, marital status, race, disability, religion, age or any other conditions not justified in law or relevant to performing the job.
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
- Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including pension scheme.
- Excellent benefits scheme including retailer discounts, child care vouchers and salary sacrifice car scheme.
To apply please click here or visit our website www.sgn.co.uk.
- Flexible Approach
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job