We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join Argos to oversee our award winning Fast Track Delivery Operation.
Fast Track Delivery is Argos’s unique same-day online fulfilment operation. You will be based out of our offices in Milton Keynes (MK9 2NW) and with a team of 3 direct reports and c25 SMEs covering Proposition Development, Fleet, Driver Safety and Store Capability. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our 2000 Fast Track drivers in 170 stores ('Hubs’) have the skills, tools, data and capacity to provide an excellent customer delivery service.
You will be accountable for the Fast Track Delivery budget, which will be c£450m in sales with £9m store labour and c£50m fleet costs for FY19. The fleet currently consists of c600 vans which uplifts to c950 vans at Peak trading times.
As Fast Track Operations Manager, you will be part of the Central Operations leadership team supporting and providing a strategic direction for the entire Argos retail estate.
To be up for this challenge;
- You will be an experienced Operations Manager, with experience of managing large teams in a fleet / fulfilment operation.
- You will have strong commercial acumen, with the ability to identify opportunities to challenge and improve.
- You will have budget management experience and accountability to achieve business results.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- You will be a natural leader, with ability to engage and motivate a remote workforce
- You will have a change mind set so you can drive process and improvements whilst always keeping the customer at the heart of what you do.
For the position, you will receive;
- An excellent base salary (discussed in detail post application) and up to 50% bonus
- 27 days’ holiday with the option to purchase more
- Health Benefit
- Car Benefit
- Discount across all the Sainsbury’s Group brands
In addition, you will be part of a fantastic working culture - whilst there will be challenges, there will also be plenty of fun, rewards and recognition and now Argos is part of Sainsbury’s there is even more potential to develop your skills in a way that fits with your own aspirations.
- Business Strategy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job