Do you have experience in the working with children and young adults with behavioural needs?
Teaching Personnel are exclusively working with an Pupil Referral Unit who require 2 new full time members of staff, working as a Learning Support Assistant to immediately or as soon as possible. The school caters for pupils aged between 11 and 19 years old with Moderate Learning Difficulties in addition to a variety of Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs and require support staff to provide care to the young people attending the school.
Ideal candidates will have previous experience dealing with young children or adults and will have:
- Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people and those with additional needs
- Ability to lead impact on pupil progress, plan, assess and maintain an overview of individual education plans, teaching and learning.
- Excellent time-keeping and organisational skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to develop positive professional relationships and be an effective communicator to work with both internal and external parties in the best interest of the students.
- Additional qualifications and training, including: TEAM TEACH, MAKATON and PECS
This role requires confident and approachable applicants, as candidates may be required to assist pupils with personal care (accessing toilets/changing clothes/personal hygiene). The job it's self is rewarding, yet challenging.
This position is flexible as Teaching Personnel are searching for Teaching Assistants in full time positions between the hours of 8.30am and 3.30pm.
If you're interested in applying please do not hesitate in sending Teaching Personnel a CV and cover letter to ensure you do not miss out being considered for these roles.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'