My client has been established for over 100 years, and this freight forwarder are experts at managing complex global freight and supply chain. The company are a private, family owned freight forwarder with a superb Global network. They have over 1,500 staff in over 25 countries.
The company are looking for someone with strong Far East Commercial and Trade Lane knowledge, to manage the company's UK-Far East commercial activity and development.
Location: Midlands or South of England (can be home based).
- Develop close working relationships with UK Product Managers and China/Far East network to increase and improve current commercial activities
- Strengthen carrier relationships for the route
- Rate negotiation
- Extensive knowledge of the Far East market
- Extensive experience of commercial activity in the International freight forwarding market.
You will be:
- Confident :Highly commercial, and able to use your initiative, acting independently with a sense of urgency.
- A calculated decision maker: Able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas to deal with them.
- Purposeful: Able to get things done quickly in line with direction, and thrive off pressure and challenge.
- Workload: Able to manage heavy, varied workloads.
- Strategic:Big picture thinking.
- Tactical: Able to deliver high quality work on time.
- Task focused: and able to work collaboratively when required.
What you can expect:
- A global team approach to creating supply chain solutions for customers with service as the number one priority.
- Due to the flat structure, the company offers a fun and friendly environment to work in, with superb opportunities for career development.
- Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week + travelling, company functions etc
- Car allowance
- All the extras such as laptop, mobile, credit card
- Starting holiday 20 days per annum + Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme 7.5%
- Death in service
- Workplace Nursery Provision
If you are interested in the position, please apply asap.
Key skills are: Product development, Far East, Commercial knowledge, negociation, Trade Lane development, route development knowledge and experince, and freight forwarding.
- Supply Chain
- Far East
- Route Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job