Family Wellbeing Worker Respitalities
Quarriers have been commissioned by Aberdeenshire Council to deliver a support service to unpaid Carers of all ages throughout Aberdeenshire. The main service office base is in central Inverurie. Staff however, work flexibly throughout Aberdeenshire delivering services to unpaid carers in ways which best meet Carers needs e.g. in schools, Carers homes, community facilities or via technology.
Quarriers have Investors in People Platinum accreditation and are one of only two social care organisations in Scotland to have this prestigious award. We are also an accredited Scottish Living Wage employer and pay sleepover hours at £8.75 per hour.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Family Wellbeing Worker (Respitalities) to join us on a temporary contract for 1 year working 17.5 hours per week.
The successful candidate will develop a proof of concept for a Respitality Service that will improve the wellbeing of unpaid Carers throughout Aberdeenshire. Provision of respite in the local area will build partnerships with local businesses and enable Carers to continue in their caring role.
Key objectives and accountabilities:
- To establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between the service and local businesses, health, social work and third sector organisations.
- To seek out useful information on supports available to carers and the service
- To assist with the development and implementation of innovative and creative approaches to identify, engage and support Carers with matched respite opportunities.
- To utilise a range of tools to consult with Carers to ensure their views actively shape service delivery both locally and nationally.
- To adhere to a system of recording within the project which contributes to the overall evaluation of the service and plans for future service development.
- To undertake any other duties or responsibilities which are commensurate with the post
Due to the geographical location of the post across Aberdeenshire, a car driver with their own transport is essential for this post. Please note IT skills are required for all Quarriers vacancies.
At Quarriers our staff are our most important asset therefore we offer extensive training and impressive learning and development opportunities. You could be part of an organisation that not only offers excellent careers but makes a real difference to thousands of People’s lives.
Quarriers supports thousands of people across more than 120 services throughout Scotland. Our work promotes a just and accepting society, where everyone is included. We support children and families facing challenging circumstances and help to transform lives for people affected by epilepsy. We support young people to unlock their potential. We give adults with disabilities more opportunities, and importantly, a voice.
Quarriers has been transforming lives for over 145 years and this is just the beginning.
Quarriers in partnership with its recognised trade union UNISON have reviewed the Fair Work Framework and have agreed to work together to ensure that Quarriers continues to be a good and fair employer, by achieving the requirements of the Fair Work Framework.
We are fully committed to supporting the well-being of each and every staff member.
What we offer
Help with training and development
- We offer externally recognised SVQ qualifications
- We are an SVQ accredited centre
- We offer training on job specific skills (medication, epilepsy, safer handling etc.).
- The opportunity to work relief in another service.
Help with family life
- Family friendly and flexible working policies and procedures, we will try to match rota requirements to your own commitments, allowing you to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay and a competitive holiday entitlement.
- Access to HSF Employee Benefits service
Extra support when you need it
- Access to free physiotherapy and occupational health.
- Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme.
- Workplace pension
- Christmas savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long service rewards
- And we also pay Scottish Living Wage for sleepover hours
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'