We have an exciting opportunity for a Family Support Worker to work on the Staying Put Team in Wythenshawe.
- The role is support worker to former foster carers who are supporting young people on Staying Put Arrangements. Staying Put is where young people continue to live with their foster carers after their 18th birthday.
- The support worker will need to be able to visit homes across Manchester and sometimes out of area
- On the supervision visits the support will get updates about young people, how they are progressing in education, with their health and set targets to help develop their independence
- The support worker will need to attend multi agency meetings such as LAC reviews and represent the service.
- Hardworking, self motivated and resourceful team member.
- Having a driving license and your own vehicle is essential
- The support worker should have good skills in engaging adults and young people and have high aspirations for young people as well as understanding of a young persons looked after experience.
- The support worker will be required to keep a good record of conversations and supervision meetings and be able to record on a computer database.
- The worker needs to be proficient with email and will work jointly with Leaving Care PA's and other partners.
The role is temporary and subject to DBS and reference checks
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'