Your new company
Working in the public sector is all about making a difference to people's everyday lives, making the environment in which they live a better place, and giving them the tools they need to improve their own lives and play an active role in the community.
Your new role
To broker a cost effective and timely service for children and vulnerable adults. You will be responsible for finding services for adults and children. You will be working with social care teams to achieve good outcomes, develop working relationship with providers and to contribute to managing the market in Haringey.
What you'll need to succeed
- To respond positively and professionally to referrals by Social Workers, ensuring the quality of information enables the identification of placements that meet the child's or young person's assessed needs.
- To receive and screen referrals, prioritising of needs and availability of resources and where appropriate, liaise with other colleagues, partners and external placement providers to ensure detailed assessment and prioritising.
- To work with internal departments and external agencies on a daily basis.
- To ensure the care provisions comply with National Standards regulated by Ofsted and CQC.
- To manage and maintain effective information on the care systems, inputting all placement data on Mosaic/SAP / Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) or any other IT systems and reporting on data to ensure that accurate information is available at all times.
- You will maintain a good understanding and awareness of Haringey Council's policies and procedures in relation to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. You will ensure that 'Making Safeguarding Personal' is embedded into the work that you undertake within the service area.
- To attend and contribute to single and multi-agency meetings as required.
- To contribute to the creation and maintenance of good working relationships at all levels with internal and external partner agencies, external placement providers and with the public.
- To ensure that appropriate contract / purchase order are in place and issued to providers of service.
- To be a proactively contribute to a problem solving and be an effective teamwork
- Experience of working in social care field, with children and families and vulnerable adults.
- Experience of working or liaising with independent sector providers, including experience of drawing up contracts, fee negotiations, service specifications or funding agreements.
- Experience of brokering of services and contract management.
- Effective organisational skills - able to self - manage & prioritise own work
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity and values - is able to maintain the highest standards in personal, professional relationships and behaviour with young people, families, colleagues and other professionals
Must be signed up-to the DBS Update Service and available immediately.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- family assessment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job