Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. We are a legal services business powered by technology and led by people that support customers in every step of their case.
Due to continued growth, we are now recruiting for an experienced Paralegal to join our Family Team to support our lawyers. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual with previous legal experience within Family to progress their career at one of the UK’s largest law firms.
As the Paralegal you will need to be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment by prioritising your work to meet competing deadlines. You’ll need talent, focus and drive, as well as fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
At Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK) we are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So, we’re building a culture where difference is valued. Our culture motivates our employees to give their full selves to the job and invest in the company’s future. Our people see value in their work and are eager to do well in their roles. Our values ensure that all our employees are working towards the same goals.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
Responsibilities to include:
- Assisting with or managing your own caseload
- Supporting Fee earner(s) in handling client matters and with client liaison
- Ensuring a pro-active and high level of client care and compliance with the National Practice Standards
- Managing work through our case management system
- Time recording and billing
- Drafting of documentation and other support tasks
- You will have a passion for providing empathetic and exemplary client care with previous experience in Family Law.
- You may be a Graduate and you will ideally possess previous experience gained at a law firm and exposure to assisting with or managing your own caseload, in family.
- The ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people both verbally as well as in writing is also integral to this role as are strong IT skills.
- The ability to work independently but also as part of a collaborative team environment.
What we offer in return:
We offer a flexible agile working environment, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance. The opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award- winning law firm.
- Please Note - Vacancies may close prior to the expiry date displayed, subject to volume of applications received.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'